Sunday, June 18, 2006

Rullsenberg Rants

In case people have forgotten that the key purpose of this blog was not to attempt erudite debate but to provide "random discussion" of a number of pop/high culture topics and passions of mine, it is maybe worth interjecting one of my Rullsenberg Rants. Just to remind people that for rants to work, they really do need to be interjected between less diatribe-like mutterings. How else can the reader know that they are being flagged to consider something provocative?

Anyway, I could feel myself from prevented from delving into these dangerous waters by the fear that I'm not articulate enough to deal with such serious topics, that far more eloquent - and some less eloquent - commentators will soon spot the flaws in my arguments, or that my remarks are unnecessary amidst such a cacophany of internet voices.

Well, I kinda don't care. You don't have to read what I write. You never have to do that. I started the blog with NO readers - as we pretty much all do unless we have already established ourselves as commentators elsewhere. And I am daily amazed that anyone should come back here (though I would be happy to see some names/ISPs never again listed on my visitation list). Yet I love doing this, despite all the criticism and disagreements. But you can easily move along if you don't like something. There are already more blogs on even my limited list than I can keep up with regularly and I don't always read everything that even my most favourite writers produce. Sometimes I look at posts and think, "Oh that's just going to wind me up" or "nah... not gripping enough" and frankly if you have any sense you would do the same here. Its your - and my - perogative. Just because all this stuff is there, you don't have to read it.

All this is by way of an introduction to a new Rant.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I would be happy to see some names/ISPs never again listed on my visitation list".

Who can she mean?

JoeinVegas said...

I must have missed it - what's the new rant?

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

It's coming.

Sorry, had a friend over last night so slight delay...

Matt_c said...

So that was like the Rullsenberg Meta-Rant...?

Reidski said...

"nah... not gripping enough"

Who can she mean?

Keep on rocking, girl!

Imposs1904 said...

Well said, Lisa.

Totally agree with your second paragraph, and I know that it has inhibited me more than once in penning a post, knowing that it would be open to a scrutiny and dissection that isn't really in keeping with the randomness and off the cuff nature of my blog.

Looking forward to your new rant. ;-)