Sunday, May 07, 2006

Yesterday afternoon I saw a lovely fireplace

No, NOT the one on Doctor Who...

Sigh...

No, this one was Art Nouveau style brushed chrome colour

INTERRUPTING UPDATE: We went back and took a photograph...

Photograph by Rullsenberg: Art Nouveau fireplace
It had tulips on it, and was massive and beautiful and my god if it hadn't been raining and the bus wasn't coming and the place that was selling it hadn't looked like it may be here today and gone tomorrow... well, I would have splashed the money and bought it... possibly even paying cash.

We kept discussing said fireplace all night at home.

And then I dreamt about it.

Showing it off to Neil and his parents...

... though I have to say the last thing I remember when I woke up was someone putting a hand on my shoulder and saying "nice fireplace"...

I think it was the shock of the voice that woke me up!

FURTHER UPDATE: So far we have resisted purchase (not least 'cos it wouldn't fit in the car and we don't know anyone with a van...)

4 comments:

Anna Lowman (annawaits) said...

That is a STUNNING fireplace!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, beautiful!

Go and buy it THIS MINUTE!

(How much? Cos I'd be tempted myself if I only I had any money at all...)

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Given that the geezers selling it said that it was "the last one left" (as is ALWAYS the case!) I'm taking it to be reproduction rather than original.

In which case how does £250 sound as a price?

Hmmm...

Well, we have no mans with vans within our circle of friends and neighbours. And I'm reluctant to try and load it into a car due to the weight. And I really don't want to part with ready cash anyway unless the lovely beastie comes home with me immediately...

And now of course they are closed till tomorrow...

I may just have to (sob!) admit defeat on this one...

Unless someone smart out there can advise me that this price would have been too much...? It seems unlikely when you look at how much Homebase charge for a modern old-style fireplace without half the glory of this thing...

My head hurts!!! And my heart is broken!

JoeinVegas said...

It looks gorgeous - wouldn't fit our house, but I'd buy it anyway. You can borrow my truck.