Sunday, May 28, 2006

The modern world is scary...

Or so Doctor Who would convince us... Last week, earpods (hmmm... no relation to real modern technology at all there) would lead to us being led into becoming metal monsters. This week, TV sucks out your soul.

Anyway, I thought that Maureen Lipman played The Wire wonderfully well last night. Archly camp and terrifying.

And though it was very scary when you saw all the heads/faces of the suckees in the separate TV screens...



there was also a bit of me that was visualising Holly from Red Dwarf.

No copyright infringement intended: source = http://www.msstate.edu/Images/Film/RedDwarf_3.jpg

Which was slightly less scary.

4 comments:

Marie said...

Didn't think of that... I do see your point.

Loved the episode though, although I was consumed with jealousy over Billie's shoes. Maureen Lipman was perfect as the Wire. Not as scary as Who can be (werewolf, lone dalek etc) but very funny. "This one's yummy, I'll have lashings of him!" Quite.

Anna Lowman (annawaits) said...

I thought it was a bit rubbish... *skuttles away*

Reidski said...

I'm with Anna on this one - thought it was the worst of the series by far! But DT and Billie are still a great duo!

Anonymous said...

If you fancy your own little DT figurine to stand on the bedside table .. check out the Dr W action figures in tescos!