Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Thoughtful and thought-provoking

Not for the first time Matt C has written a really interesting piece on culture; this time his attentions are provoked by the recent premiere of the film United 93.

I want to think about this more because clearly such debates about the place of docudrama, the limits of what it can cover and the problems of spectacularising (sorry: making words up now...) horrific events are worth debating. Still, I wanted to make sure that I directed you to read his piece yourself and hence I'm giving a link to it here even though I'm still pondering my response.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw the movie while in the States last week. If you are interested, I posted a review of it here, which does address some of the points made in the article.