List of posts about the trip:
- 30-31 July - including a musical concert and much walking around London
- 1 August - including exhibitions and lots of drinking
- 2 August - including Spitalfields market and 'Helen' at the Globe Theatre
- 3 August - including 'Time and the Conways' at the National Theatre
- 4 August - including Waterhouse exhibition and 'Once Upon a Time in the West'
Me outside Spitalfields market near Hawksmoor's Christ Church.
Architectural developments in the area around Liverpool Street Station.
Hard to believe I know, but this shot of us was taken outside the British Museum. And here's the proof that behind the foliage and Neil was the facade of the British Museum!
See what I mean?!
Watching the beach artists creating wonderful pictures and items was great fun: flowers, even a pair of dogs were created from the sand as the Thames tide was out.
Amongst the many things we did that were new on this trip, one was to go up the Oxo Tower. This may be a public right of way but it's hardly that well known. But on a sunny summery evening the view is well worth the trip.
Fortnum and Mason's round stairwell is a beauteous thing to behold.