Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Home viewing

As you do, I'm off to look at houses with a friend today, 'cos that's what friends make themselves available for, especially when plumbers are at work in their own houses putting in bathrooms (yes folks, the fabled bathroom may ACTUALLY be happening!)

See ya'll tomorrow just in time to comment on my thought about the ending of S1 of Torchwood and my hopes and fears for the 'finale' of Green Wing. I think that This Life +10 (hopefully taped last night) may well have to wait till the weekend to be viewed and reviewed.

2 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

I still find it hard to believe that you're not doing the bathroom work yourself.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

I know, I know, but really if you knew how DIY incompetant we are you wouldn't wish us a bathroom like what we would produce (grammar deliberate reflection of the quality of our skills).

Seriously though, you're not the first American to complain at our lack of trying to save money by doing it ourselves. And it amazes me when I think how little vacation time US workers generally get, how many hours you guys generally work, that frankly with the best will in the world we still do not have the time let alone the energy (even if we did trust ourselves to acquire sufficient skills) to do it ourselves.

Sorry to let you down on our actions but if we want a bathroom we like, we need some professional contribution.