Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Shuggy on flat taxes (updated)

Grand contribution to this topic from Shuggy, including a nice history lesson on tax and benefit system changes in recent decades.

Update: 15th September
For the record, Shuggy of course is a fine young man talking about contemporary issues. Use of the word "history" was not intended to age him or suggest he should be off with his cocoa...

Gulp: what with this and irking Reidski with comments about the possibility that Bowie might be less than God-like to my own (obviously ignorant) cultural tastes, I'm in danger of losing my readers just as I turn one year old. Of course, the latter may explain why I am so dim: I'm only a toddler...

2 comments:

Shuggy said...

changes in recent decades.

Thanks - although I'm slightly depressed that what you can describe as a "history lesson" is drawn entirely from my own experience. I'm away to bed with a cup of cocoa now...

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

"History": term used in loosest sense for those readers passing through who may be unaware of events in their own lifetimes.

Be not away with cocoa: my bad phrasing - should have used "commentary on recent events"?