Friday, September 16, 2005

One of the smartest people I have ever known

Ben Conisbee Baer: I've got drunk with this guy! I've eaten at his house! I have artworks by him and Siona Wilson (aka Octopus).

And now I see his name appears alongside Kwame Anthony Appiah, who of course spoke at the recent BAAS conference in Cambridge (I should have asked him how Ben was getting on). They're part of a prestigious conference next Friday 23rd September 2005 to be held at Princton on Postcolonial Theory.
Ben Conisbee Baer is Assistant Professor of Comparative Literature at Princeton University. He completed his Ph.D. in the Center for Comparative Literature and Society at Columbia University in 2005. His thesis, “How many are we?”: Literary Figures of the Peasant and the Autochthon, covers representations of the peasant and the aboriginal in Marxism, British Modernism, and early twentieth-century Bengali literature. Ben Baer also holds an M.A. in Critical Theory from the University of Nottingham, UK.

No comments: