Monday, September 26, 2005

Picking a piece of art (to take home?)

Rob made a very good point on his comment to my Pollock post: namely, that it can be fun when visiting a gallery to pick out an artwork that you would like to take home with you.

Of course, I have technically just done that myself having treated myself to a certain picture having originally seen it in the National Portrait Gallery (I even have a photograph of myself sat in front of the image in the NPG). To see which image I am on about click here and yes, I know that it is a different spelling... oh but he does look mighty fine....

ANYWAY...

As I was saying, Rob identified some selections of work he would like to take home. I would agree with these, and of course add the lovely Countess from the Barber Institute, along with Pollock's Lavender Mist from the National Gallery of Art, Washington (customs could be a problem, as could the fragility of the image!). I could do a world tour of virtual art thefts...

No comments: