Thursday, September 15, 2005

Ian Katz and his Doonesbury Hell

From yesterday's G2, next to Steve Bell's penguins remarking "... somebody's nicked Doonesbury!"
Where's Doonesbury? Thanks to an outcry by fans of Garry Trudeau, his cartoon strip is making a return. There will be a catch-up omnibus of this week's Doonesbury in G2 on Friday and the strip will return daily from Monday. For a full explanation by the fool who dropped it, see page 3.
At which point....

Loud minorities can make your life hell. Still, serves Katz right for claiming "that the strip can be inaccessible to those not familiar with the minutiae of American current affairs..."

Huh?! Amongst Guardian readers? Really? I would have to say I don't think so...

For those who cannot wait, go here for daily Doonesburyness.

2 comments:

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

BTW belatedly I discover that Pete Ashton had a rather good discussion on this on Monday, focusing on the issue of comics and cartooning in the Guardian.

I really must get him on the blogroll...

Admin said...

I've been reading the Graun for 25 years, but I have to admit that when it comes to Doonesbury I can take it or leave it.

Now if it was Dilbert or Footrot Flats...