Sunday, November 13, 2011

LibraryThing - an addiction


I frequently forget (temporarily, sometimes permanently) my passwords for online accounts. Hey: there are a lot to recall.

Hence there is also a rullsenberg account on LibraryThing from when I couldn't recall my darn password.

Anyway: lately I have been trying to make RullsenbergLisa's LibraryThing more representative of the Rullsenberg and Roberts household of books. (See sidebar). It's proving both complex and addictive. I keep realising how many I STILL have to add, what absolute gems we own, and getting increasingly frustrated at Neil's more laid-back approach to book storage ("it's in my room somewhere").

Me: I try to keep all books of the same sort together. Fiction along with plays, scripts, and Shakespeare-related stuff (the programmes etc are on another shelf as we have too many to accommodate). Audiobooks on CD. Poetry. Biographies. America-related (mostly history and politics). Art history has several locations - feminist and women's art history; art catalogues; architecture... Doctor Who stuff. Buffy stuff (mostly). Music stuff. Books about books and writing. Literary criticism and history. Essays. Books about auto/biographies. Religion. Graphic novels. Film and TV related. Gender and sexuality. Books about or related to Surrealism and Peggy Guggenheim.

It goes on.

We love books....

2 comments:

jams o donnell said...

I must update my library thing widget too. As for sorting books it will be a huge undertaking. Perhaps I'll start tomorrow.. or next month.... or 2013

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Ha! I know what you mean - it's a mammoth task and am scarcely touching on the 'read but not owned' category.