Friday, September 21, 2007

What I owe you in terms of posts

Posts that I owe you:

  • Holiday post: yes, yes, I know. I gave you a very brief overview. I gave you pictures. Do you still care what we did on our holiday in LA and NZ?

    • As a subset we can also offer posts on the wonderful range of books purchased in NZ and the new music we dug up. Although I have to say that books we bought back that were wrapped in paper bags by bookstores (Unity Books, Scorpio Books) are remaining in bags to be surprise presents to ourselves for forthcoming birthdays or even Xmas.... not least because we're out of proper storage space!

  • The 'National Trust - Hardwick Hall - Willesley Wood' post: we joined the National Trust as a consequence of going to visit Hardwick Hall last weekend. We then went on to Willesley Wood to see the trees planted there (some of which were funded in our names for 16 September last year). It was all very lovely. We took some very nice pictures too.

  • The '3:10 to Yuma' review post: cracking film. Very entertaining. Didn't care at all that it was a remake. Did care that the film rattled along nicely, homaged Sergio Leone/Ennio Morricone at regular turns, and that the lead actors (Crowe and Bale) were just A1. Plus, you know, Lisette next to me thoroughly enjoyed seeing it again...

  • The 'Builders may actually come and do something in our house soon' post: yes, we have had plans from an architectural design firm. Yes, a plumber is coming next week to look over our piping system and check we can just get the water tanks moved to the loft as originally hoped/planned by previous disappeared plumber. Yes, it is vaguely possible that before the next century arrives we will have a new kitchen/diner, a refurbished loft and proper storage for all the books. Further details and photographs as things progress anyone?

  • The 'Raw Shark Texts' book review post: awesome and thoroughly insane for most of the way and ultimately rather touching. Anyone else read it or want a review?

Right, that's what strikes me as waiting in the queue...

3 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

Well, all of them really. I love home projects, and would like to see what you are doing to your house - not doing any of it yourself? (I think I asked that before)

Matt_c said...

Joined the National Trust?
Jeez, you'll be wearing tweed and chasing the inedible soon.

Re. home projects though, I've been thinking I might make myself a desk as my present one is small, a little awkward, made of chipboard.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Joe: as mentioned previously, our level of DIY incompetance prevents it being logical for us to take on any task ourselves. Desire to do things is utterly overwhelmed by sheer ineptitude sadly and would prove far more expensive to attempt ourselves first (it would be nice to think we COULD get things right and have the fun and save the money of getting things done ourselves: but from experience that's just delusion...)

Matt C: howdy! I feel the need to provide a brief justification that the NT isn't quite as you portray. Personally, I'd like to plan a trip to Mendips (John lennon's home with Aunt Mimi from his youth) up in Liddypol; or Mr Straw's House (in Notts): a relic of preserved living from the last century; various gardens and coastlines and parks (no parking costs with NT memberships!); and lots of artworks and interesting architecture...

I'll put this in my post proper...