Thursday, September 20, 2007

Fictional Journalists

Whilst agreeing whole-heartedly with Medium Rob's selection of fictional journalists, I'd also offer the following:

Nick Mullen (Gabriel Byrne) - Defence of the Realm: righteously pissed off.

(and honourable mention for wondeful Denholm Elliot as Vernon Bayliss in the same film)

Amy Archer (Jennier Jason Leigh) - Hudsucker Proxy: "I'll stake my Pulitzer Prize on it!!"

And whilst obviously the model for wicked journalists goes back to Ace in the Hole, Danny DeVito (Sid Hutchings) in LA Confidential certainly deservces acknowledgement for being such a recklessly enjoyable character!

UPDATED: well, at least I got Rob's link in the post now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah,superb choices Lisa.

Wouldn't really have expected anything less though :)

Rob Buckley said...

Go on, link to me, you know you want to! All right, I will then: original meme and my list. ;-)

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

My bad, Rob: the perils of me doing a quick lunchtime blog!

s said...

I'm very alarmed that nobody has any love for Hildy Johnson from 'The Front Page' and 'His Girl Friday', surely the daddy (or mummy) of them all.

But glad to see Damien Day got a mention somewhere. Cormorants!

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Ah, but Hildy and co are just so obvious. I mean, who DOESN'T love them?! It would like discussing conspiracy thrillers and not mentioning "The parallax view"...