Sunday, June 17, 2012

Buffy overdosing

Man - there really is nothing like coming back to something cool when you've just lived on (very detailed) memories for a long time.

Apart from the odd episode, I haven't watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer since the grand watching with George that culminated in us watching 'Chosen' (final ep, number 144) back in summer 2004.

That is a LONG time ago.  So, on the back of reading Keith Topping's "The Complete Slayer" episode guide tome for like the fifth time - at least - I felt I wanted to go back and really watch properly.  I'm not taking notes or anything, but I'm launching through a SERIOUS re-watch period.

So far, since 9 June I've munched my way through to Season 2 and episode 6 "Halloween".  We've had some great episodes even this far, and there are a lot of VERY good lines.

And against the run of fandom play, I'm still in love with 'When She Was Bad', the opener to season 2. Yes, Buffy is a complete BITCA, but I *heart* with a fearsome passion the following scene, and especially this line:

Xander - "Well, we could grind our enemies into talcum powder with a sledgehammer, but, gosh, we did that LAST night"
(and cue the most cheesy teethy smile from Willow ever)

*Sigh*

And to confirm that doing a big rewatch was JUST the right thing to get me through the summer, I found out that Nikki Stafford, a long-established writer on the Buffyverse, was nominated for a Mr Pointy award by the Whedon Studies Association (publishers of Slayage).

Okay, so they did their big rewatch last year (ahem: I missed it okay, I was busy) but hey, I'm never one for a schedule right?

Anyway - you can expect an intermittent bunch of posts about Buffy for the next few months.  Hey - I need to get back into blogging and this may be the way...

No comments: