Friday, October 06, 2006

You see THIS is what happens when you do not check friends' blogs...

How did I manage to miss this?

I'm beginning to feel like I exist within exhaulted company, what with already being a supporter of the lovely Clare (second book forthcoming) and now the lovely Marie. Mind it's good to know that Marie still has her unerring sense of humour and mis-identification.

She is, however, thinking about the impact of the blog...

And managing to have the kind of life experiences that just call for a writer to be there to wittily tell us about them later...

But with remarks such as this one reported here, we all know she's heading up and up.

Makes me proud to be a blogger!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it brilliant? Very excited indeed for her. And only a teensy bit daunted by what I now have to live up to...

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Don't be daunted. You're both equally wonderful but different writers, and we hope that you both have brilliant success!

Marie said...

Don't forget they chuck the deals and the cash at the books they think will appeal to lots of people, not necessarily the best books. (So for example: The Da Vinci Code, hardly the greatest book of all time but one of the biggest selling). So you have nothing to live up to except being the best writer you can be, and all of us who read your blog know that you are that. Hurray! Writing is brilliant! We should all do it!

Anonymous said...

You are right, of course. Thank you.

Although I rather enjoyed DVC, so I will still buy your book, pulp fiction though I'm sure it is. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Haha. Yeah… if I don’t check blogs for a few days and then go back to it, I feel completely left behind.