Monday, August 02, 2010

'Tis the season to be tidying...

Never mind spring clean: how about summer clean.

And summer tidying.

And most especially summer clearing.

Norm talks through his experiences of working through 'stuff'. We spent most of yesterday doing similar.

There must be something in the summer air.

We managed to empty and move ONE book case/shelf unit yesterday. I had hoped to moved three. This may have been optimistic but even so. I felt like I spent the whole day move and throwing stuff out (including innumerable accumulated photocopied/printed articles from over the years of academic study/research). And STILL it didn't look like we'd done anything.

Why do we seem more inclined to do this during the summer?

Ah, I know what it is: the impending autumn term. Once we hit September, it's eyes down til Xmas with nary a chance to catch breath.

4 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

Good start. Keep going

chrissie_allen said...

Hey Lisa, don't throw any of your gorgeous posters away by mistake will you ;-)

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Not a chance!

I'm only doing a relocation of posters NOT a removal!

It will take a bit of jiggery-pokery but they will find their homes!

chrissie_allen said...

I somehow think I knew that ;-)