Friday, November 17, 2006

Last year's dilemma again

Arse. I really don't dig 'Children in Need' so how do I again get over my urge to throttle Wogan and the overall 'itsforcharidy' excuse for doing dumb things in order to see the between events appeals by the Doctor and his new companion? (Last year's mini-ep was kindly taped and loaned to me).

Ah yes, YouTube after the event... Sure to help out!

PS I'm not against charity, but rather the excuse of doing 'mad things' for charidy. I'm very happy to donate to charities in all manner of ways - selling and buying raffle tickets, donating to charity shops, buying from Oxfam gifts, sponsoring people for walks and runs, contributing to fundraisers, giftaid etc etc. But the whole "I'm going to dress up as a Xmas pudding and do forward rolls for 24 miles and then sit in a bath of beans and eat them (but I'm not crazy really: itsforcharidy!") ...

URGH.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually haven't watched Children in Need for years. I might give it a go this year.

Anonymous said...

One of our ministers is going to be singing in the foyer later on today. Such a shame I don't work today...

George said...

Anyone remember Tim from The Office and his take on Red Nose Day craziness? His was the most succinct definition of my own feelings for it, and as it turns out, yours too Lisa...

Rob said...

I'm reminded of my erstwhile colleague Vic (of Tits Out For Multiple Sclerosis) who reckoned that flashing her boobs on a website was a better way of generating funds for MS charities than running the London Marathon dressed a a giant carrot.

Probably not quite the thing for Children In Need, but a worthy sentiment not far removed from your own.