Saturday, November 11, 2006

The firework season

I doubt Nottingham is much different to many other cities, where the 'firework season' starts in September and continues until Spring, with plenty of people letting them off in daylight (why?!) and plenty of harrassment and injury caused along the way. [Thanks to LeftLion magazine for providing the initial variant of that line].

Kerron has a close shave and his cat injured: unsurprisingly he wants to ban the general sale of fireworks.

I empathise. Better policing of existing laws aside, I still think that a general public sale ban would be worthwhile - or at least having to apply for some kind of formal licence in advance. I mean, basically, a firework is an explosive: why not put some greater control on their sale?

2 comments:

George said...

I think this comes under the title of poetic justice...

Joey B said...

Regulation is not in the interests of liberty. I used to live in a place where they were completely banned. People still did them.