Wednesday, February 09, 2005

BAFTA predictions

Here they are: not based on anything except my opinions, hunches and random thoughts.

Best Film - Vera Drake
Korda award for British Film - My Summer of Love (personally I would like Shaun to win it, but all the critical acclaim suggests that Pawel Pawlikowski will get something, and I think BAFTA may like to give Leigh a big award as the US market may not be able to quite stomach Vera Drake --- though they darn well should)
Foreman award for first British Feature film work - Amma Asante (for being Leigh-like)
Lean award for Direction - Scorcese for The Aviator (because BAFTA wouldn't be BAFTA without at least one absent American award-winner)
Original Screenplay - Gondry for Eternal Sunshine (please!)
Adapted Screenplay - Rivera for The Motorcycle Diaries
Film not in English - House of Flying Daggers

Leading Actor - Jamie Foxx for Ray
Leading Actress - Imelda Staunton for Vera Drake
Supporting Actor - Clive Owen for Closer
Supporting Actress - Cate Blanchett in The Aviator

Asquith award for Film Music - Jan A P Kaczmarek for Finding Neverland
Cinematography - Zhao Xiaoding for House of Flying Daggers
Editing - Valdís Óskarsdóttir for Eternal Sunshine
Production Design - Gemma Jackson for Finding Neverland
Sound - Ray
Special Visual Effects - House of Flying Daggers
Make-Up and Hair - Christine Blundell for Finding Neverland
Short Animation - Birthday Boy
Short Film - Knitting a Love Song

No I will not be betting on anything. I learnt my lesson from my one Grand National bet...

No comments: