Thursday, June 12, 2008

Online friends

You know what, I don't care what people say about online contacts not being 'real' friends. For sure, you may not see them (often, ever) but then the same could be said of several friends I initially made IRL (in real life).

So to those of you whom I have come to know through the interweb, thank you for your comments, your kindness, the laughter and support provided.

And Poly, this includes you. It's heartwarming sometimes to think of the friendships shown through blogging and other online contacts.

:)

4 comments:

Marie said...

I hope that this is a random act of kindness and not a goodbye. It has that valedictory tone.

Anonymous said...

A long time ago, I was new online and inexperienced in fandoms - oh to be young again. Someone was talking about a blooper reel of X-Files, at a time of slow connections with no online clips or youtube. I asked - very shyly - if they could describe the reel. Someone - who I didn't know at all - emailed me to say that they would send me the tape, no need for me to send any money, it's no trouble and no cost.
Yes, online friends are no less real. And now you know where I am coming from. I only keep the ball rolling.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

No fear - it's not a valedictory... although, funnily, I have just been watching "Valedictory"...

Anna Lowman (annawaits) said...

As with marie, this post scared me rather.... I agree, though, wonderful friendships have been forged through this web :)