Friday, November 18, 2005

Redefined by film

A "Reader's Recommendation" issue raised on the Guardian blog.

Loved these though from O:
Much as I despise the band and their whole jazz-funk-whatever oeuvre, the use of Jamiroquai's "Canned Heat" in 'Napoleon Dynamite' is utterly, utterly inspired.
BWAH!

And:
The opening credit sequence of last year's 'Dawn Of The Dead' remake deserve some kind of mention too, I feel, for the brilliant use of "The Man Comes Around" by Johnny Cash. Apocalyptic in the extreme.
Yes, yes.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Maybe not quite what you had in mind, but I can no longer hear Handel's "Zadok The Priest" (of which I am rather fond) without seeing in my mind's eye Nigel Hawthorne being pursued, restrained and treated in "The Madness of King George".

Oh, and the slow movement of the Schumann Piano Quintet gives me "Fanny and Alexander" flashbacks.