1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Blimey. Not off to a good start here: I rarely manage any packaging at all! (This is as a result of having VERY few people to buy pressies for...)
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial, in red tinsel. We bought it for my dad before he died...
3. When do you put up the tree?
Depends. When I was a kid it was always at least 2 weeks before Xmas. This year it was Christmas Eve...
4. When do you take the tree down?
5. Do you like egg nog?
You are insane, right?
6. Favourite gift received as a child?
Depends on definition of 'child': I was wicked pleased with an acoustic guitar aged 15, but I think I best loved a soft doll my mum made for me aged about 7
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
8. Hardest person to buy for?
Not sure, since I have so few people to buy for.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Neil (since he gets the lions share of presents purchased
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Increasingly email cards out of environmental concern (aka too busy and ill and idle to manage to post in time!)
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
It's nice to open something, but really tough to look excited about some stuff.
Mostly well intentioned people keen to buy me 'something' would have been better off having donated to charity. God, I sound so horrid!
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
It's A Wonderful Life, of course... or possibly Gremlins!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
When I see something I think suitable. But too early in the year and it generally gets given to them before Xmas. Once December strikes, pretty much everything goes into the pressie store for sorting later (even purchases for ourselves).
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Never - but some did go to charity shops.
15. Favorite thing to eat/drink at Christmas?
Food wise whatever we fancy (some good stuffing is always nice) and I do like some sparkling Cava
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Coloured - pretty!
17. Favourite Christmas song?
I'm pretty fond of Greg Lake's "I Believe in Father Christmas" since it is one of the songs I remember so fondly from my youth: I was especially struck by the lyrics, but I did love its music too (now, I know where it was pilfered from!). But of course the Pogues "Fairytale of New York" is in close competition - stunningly, I really didn't 'get' Fairytale until some years later. Now it reduces me to tears when I dance to it with Neil: "I kept them with me babe, I put them with my own, can't make it all alone, I built my dreams around you..." sue sobbing.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Home please. After years of Christmas Eve and Christmas period travels across the Midlands to/from Shropshire and Nottingham to satisfy family I haven't missed trains and buses over this period of the year since we have been able to stay put. Course, next year provisionally its Xmas in high summer...
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
I wish I could say yes. Come Prancer, come Dancer, come Donner and Blitzen, come... bugger, nope, sorry. Does Rudolph count?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel, made by me at school
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning of Christmas?
Christmas morning, after breakfast.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The bloody postal dates...
23. Favourite ornament theme or colour?
Huh? Hotch-potch! It's a total colour free-for-all on our tree and decorations front...
24. Favourite for Christmas dinner?
Roast veg. More than enough to feed four for the two of us. Nice veg gravy. No meat. usually too full for pudding!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Same as every year: for Neil to get the concept of surprise doesn't work if you phone me and say "do you want X?"
26. Who is most likely to respond to this?
(EineKleineRob: I did it!) I doubt anyone will bother.... look how late I was!
27. Who is least likely to respond to this?
I think I answered that!
28. Shopping...Mall or on-line?
I'll go with indie shops and a bit of online ordering.
29. Do you decorate outside for Christmas or just inside (or at all?)
You're not shocked when I say no outside lights are you...
Well, that was quite fun. And an excuse to post.