Thursday, September 16, 2004

Drawin in Malibu at the Hampstead Theatre, London

Darwin in Malibu by Crispin Whittell opens tonight for previews at the newly reopened Hampstead Theatre, London. The cast features Oliver Ford Davies as Charles Darwin; Nigel Planer as Samuel Wilverforce, The Bishop of Oxford; Cressida Whyte as Sarah; and Douglas Henshall as Thomas Huxley.

Of course, that last name is the reason for the promotional weblog entry here.

Though there are a select band of us who wish otherwise, and he has certainly not been an inactive performer, Henshall is largely unknown and underrated in the popular consciousness. He's the reason I am busting my guts to try and get myself to London to see the play (I only wish I could get more than once but its looking unlikely).

Comments on the reviews - and a personal review - will of course appear here in due course.

No comments: