Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Scrubs star Zach Braff's movie Garden State

My very own "cloud-in-trousers" was responsible for getting me into Scrubs. For a (brief) moment we had cable TV and during that moment we stumbled across the first UK screenings of Scrubs on Sky1. He had watched it and raved about it (I suspect I was busy with such small matters as working on my PhD - now completed) and so I sat with him one Thursday night not quite prepared for how good it would be.

The teaser set me up well - a sequence where time got stopped and STILL the same mistake was made. This episode My Old Lady had just the right combination of humour and sadness. It truly touched a nerve - and was hilarious into the bargain.

Anyway, all this is by way of introduction to my inclusion on my links list of Zach Braff's blog for his movie Garden State. It's not due for release in the UK until 26 November but I have enjoyed reading about the film and its reception at film festivals across the US. Check out his blog.

No comments: