Sorry, for some reason I seem to be channeling a bit of The Killers (personally I blame kicking off the weekend with the full length Doctor Who Confidential for Blink, which David Tennant put together and which has a running use of The Killer's 'Read My Mind').
Anyway, on which note, it's probably a good idea to put the list down of what we watched this weekend. As usual it was interspersed with stupid amounts of carbs (pizza, rice, cobs, crisps), chocolate puddings (these for me and these for HL) and McGuigan wine.
- Doctor Who Confidential for Blink (full length with all the old DW clips - bless you Sass!)
- End of 'A Good Year'
- Scene from Learners
- Selected bits of episodes 1 and 2 of Blackpool
- Extracts from Essential Poems
- Opening section of Anna Karenina
- Selected scenes from Harry Potter 4 (like you have to ask which)
- Sections of Angels and Insects (shut up Christine)
- Final section of Lawless Heart
- Cake sequence from The Strange Case of Sherlock Holmes and Arthur Conan Doyle
- 3:10 to Yuma
- If Only
- Cutter's Odyssey - extra from s3 Primeval DVD set
- Most of LA Confidential
- Silence in the Library / Forest of the Dead
- Selected scenes from This Year's Love
- Selected scenes from Orphans
- Einstein and Eddington
- Ep 2 of Takin' Over the Asylum
- Final episode of Blackpool
- Selected scenes from Gladiator
- First 40 mins of Frances Tuesday
- Finale of S2 Primeval
- David Tennant's episode of Who Do You Think You Are?
- All three episodes of Casanova
Whilst this may seem like an excessive amount of square-eyed behavior for a weekend, you have to remember that we really only effectively get this one chance in a year to be this silly - and be in possession of a DVD player (see here for last year's listing). Sure we get the occasional run-away for a theatre visit or suchlike, but that's really about the opportunity for private conversation and some social activity. The ability to watch, drool and comment without consequence really only comes in this once a year blast so it's a proper treat for us both. Fabulous fun! Thanks H!