Thursday, May 22, 2008

Music Tag (sort of earwormy)

Reidski appears to have tagged me (based on the assumption I'm Lisa...).

Anyway,
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to.
The Engine Driver, The Mariner's Revenge Song, The Sporting Life - The Decemberists (all from Picaresque)

I'm also listening a lot to the "Colin Meloy Sings!" album at the mo. I can't help it, there is something about the narratives this band weaves and his vocal delivery which just works for me. I love 'em.

The Boat Song - Jeremy Warmsley and Emmy the Great

This has been getting a fair amount of 6Music airplay and as we are currently back into a relationship with said station (after a period of disillusion) its been hitting my buttons well. It's a little bit 'Dears'-ish which is no bad thing.

100,000 Fireflies - Magnetic Fields

A lovely song from a lovely band and delightfully heard in one of my favourite stores this past weekend (Page 45 Comic and Graphic novel emporium extraordinaire).

I will Not Go Quietly - Whitlams

Acquired via the wonderful world of Shuffleathon, this often comes to mind when I am feeling a little stressed. With my recent back pain and the end of the Academic Year in sight (and, ahem, STILL no new f.... contract paperwork) it's been pretty relentless recently. Can't think why I'm feeling rather beligerant. I will NOT go quietly... no for you or anyone else...

I Can't Decide - Scissor Sisters

I will refer you to what I wrote from the Earworms I did for Swiss Toni. Me. A DVD player. Doctor Who s3 box set dvds... "You can therefore guess the reason why this is here. It's been stuck on rotational repeat in my head and is now duly dedicated to my offline pal Helen Lisette who I know will read this: it will certainly make her smile as I think she gets earwormed by the track a lot (it's the Bugsy Malone-esque qualities she loves)." Still true, oh so true.

I think that's my 7.

Right.

EineKleineRob, MunroGeorge (although maybe that should be HotHotSexGeorge which seems to give a totally different nuance to his identity!), Anna, Marie (though she may be minus her iPod so...), and... and ... hmm, that's four of you... 3 more self-invited peeps please?!

1 comment:

Rob said...

Done (se EKN).