Friday, September 27, 2013

Rubbish at this malarky

It's near ridiculous to think of a lack of blogging as being 'tragic' but I feel so bad about my inability to get online and write.

The ease with which I have shifted to the dread FB - and my ineptitude at finding solutions to cross-post (I should probably just move the blog elsewhere where cross-posting is easier) - do instill in me feelings of remorse for sure.

Does anyone foolish enough to still believe this site is alive have ideas how to get around this?

One of the reasons I have resisted so far in moving to WordPress is not just that I have no aptitude for the task but also that generally moving sites seems to lose all the comments on existing posts (and it is there that I have most fun reminding myself how good I used to be at this lark).

*sigh*

6 comments:

Persephone said...

I've said this before: I do NaBloPoMo two to three times a year. I don't follow all their rules or suggestions, I just sign up and commit to writing a post once a day for a month, even if it's just posting a photo or video. It gives me the opportunity (and the push) to write those posts I've always meant to write. During non-NaBloPoMo months (yes, that's redundant), I post at least once, so that I don't go for more than a few weeks without posting anything. I'm considering assigning myself weekly "must-post-days", but we'll see. In the meantime, my next NaBloPoMo will be this December. It will be my twelfth over the past five years.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Yes I know you use naNopoplu (sorry, I know what you mean but as fast as I try to write it my brain forgets the letter order). I really should do that,at least get into a rhythm. I've just got lazy. Boo me.

Persephone said...

I refuse to boo you and I don't think for a moment (particularly when I read what you do post) that you're lazy!! If NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) is too daunting (I was certainly scared to try it), what about once a month? Or every three weeks?

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

National Blog Posting Month. Yes. I should do that. I may not manage a post a day but I have to get a better rhythm! Thanks for not booing me :)

Rob said...

I'm acquiring a worrying long list of things-I-really-should-put-on-the-blog. So I certainly shan't boo you.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

It is appreciated. You must be thinking "I'm sure she used to blog". Well probably not. Yiu have better things to do. Like your own blog.