Wednesday, March 20, 2013

So here's the thing...

I don't want to kill my blog. I love it. We have history. Memories. Connections. But....

You'll have spotted - Joe, thanks, I am looking at you - that unfortunately regular updates here are becoming sparse. Even though at my peak, my blogs would often be constituted by brief links and a witty note and not a lot more, for some reason doing them here has become near impossible. I've even found it increasingly difficult to do my longer review posts here. I just don't have the time and energy to write lengthy pieces online for every occasion.

So the format of Blogger isn't suiting my shortlink posts and I'm barely getting time to write the longer ones. Bah humbug.

So far this has meant failing to blog about:

* The Life of Galileo (RSC starring Ian McDiarmid)
* A visit to Lincoln
* Macbeth (Trafalgar Studios, London starring James McAvoy)
* The Merchant of Venice (Crescent Theatre Birmingham - amateur production)

4 comments:

Rob Buckley said...

That's a shame. Life's tricky and gets in the way of important blogging, too, doesn't it? Hope you keep it up!

Persephone said...

I've probably said this before, but I NaBloPoMo two to three times a year. It forces me to write something every day for a month -- even if it's only a photo or YouTube video. It may be the kick-start (kick-stay?) you need. My next scheduled NaBloPoMo is June; you're welcome to join me....

jams o donnell said...

I hope you come back to it Leesa.There's always FB though

JoeinVegas said...

I like your short Facebook posts, but having you take time to put down a longer connected series of thoughts in a blog post is most enjoyable. Please don't go away, I like to read your stuff, because I'm too far away to see you and interact in person. Is there some way I can help? Perhaps a back and forth prompting thing or something. Maybe it would get me to post more too.