Tuesday, February 08, 2011

In Praise of.... Being Human

Spoilers, OBVIOUSLY, since there's a Season 3 episode 3 snippets clip embedded here, but I could not resist.



Awh, that was pretty great. Though how the "best bits" or "highlights" could exclude the CLASSIC "Oh My God, we're TWELVE" exchange between George and Mitchell is beyond comprehension! I know it's an oft-used concept (here we go again with the Buffyverse) but it was beautifully done.

At its best, Being Human is human and horrific in equal measure: glad it's back.

5 comments:

Skuds said...

A nice mix of funny, dark and disgusting. The little details like the hair coming out, the toenail coming off and the nighclub snog were more nasty than the full-on cartoon-like violence in zombie films.

From what I have seen so far though, it can't be doing much for Barry's tourist trade.

jams o donnell said...

Better vampires, werewolves and ghosts in Barry than Gavin and Stacey.

I am thoroughly enjoying the new series

Jane Henry said...

Series 3 is utterly awesome. I knew Nina was going to get pregnant, but they handled it beautifully.

I loved the George/Mitchell dynamic too!

I am a VERY happy bunny at the moment...

JoeinVegas said...

Not available in my area again - ah well. My wife likes that show, we've seen the American version, no where near as good. Looking forward to the new season (and upcoming Doctor in America!!!!)

Jane Henry said...

Lisa. All I have to say about Episode 4 is SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Which is pretty much what I said on my blog(-: