Friday, December 11, 2009

Blogging and not blogging: plans for the New year

Looking at my Blog Archive figures, this has been a truly rubbish year for blogging on my part. I mean, look at the decline!

► 2009 (166)
► 2008 (245)
► 2007 (478)
► 2006 (824)
► 2005 (762)
► 2004 (47)

What does this tell me/us? Am I less committed to blogging? I don't feel I am, but clearly something has changed. I'm certainly getting less time mornings, lunchtimes and evenings for blogging (some of this reflects a positive change in circumstances in that Cloud is more likely to leave work on time and collect me not long after 5pm - whereas certainly pre-2008 I was very likely to be still in the office after 6pm). I used to be good about using up odds and ends of time to jot in a quick blog thought - now it seems to drift in and past my brain and the moment is lost. Things are generally MUCH busier and I'm getting more tired.

So if I'm to continue with this blog I need to have a change in tactic.

I'm going to put my thinking cap on over the Xmas break (away from technology for a while!) and see what I think can/should be done.

But in the meantime, let me know what you have liked/disliked about Rullsenberg over the time you've been reading. Is there something you want more or less of, or any topics you'd like to see return?

Thanks!

1 comment:

JoeinVegas said...

Probably just more of you.