Once again, we were warmly welcomed and granted lots of 'good customer' vouchers for our expenditure!
Here is a video about Scarthin which shows some of its charms.
I'll add the list of acquisitions to this post shortly!
- Bakelite Radios: The Collector's Guide to the Style and Beauty of the Bakelite Radio
- Collins Gem Guide to Architecture
- Shoes by Linda O'Keeffe
- Paradoxical Undressing by Kristin Hersh (memoir)
- Stop What You're Doing and Read This! (essays) - a taster essay by Michael Rosen was published in the Guardian and broadcast on Radio 4
- The Library Book (essays)
- How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe by Charles Yu (fiction)
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness (based on an original idea by Siobhan Dowd) (fiction)
- The Knife of Never Letting Go: Volume One of 'Chaos Walking' Trilogy by Patrick Ness (fiction)
- What are the Seven Wonders of the World? And Other Great Cultural Lists
- The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown (fiction)
I devoured the beauty of the book on Shoes in a single sitting. Mmmm: shoes.... I've also just realised where I knew the name of Patrick Ness: several years ago I borrowed The Crash of Hennington, a book about a town invaded by rhinos - it was odd and rather wonderful. I'm looking forward to reading the two books by him even more now.